Ads

She’s sold out massive arenas all over the world, but nothing in Katy Perry's career compares to her Super Bowl Halftime Show extravaganza at the University of Phoenix Stadium this evening (February 1).



Joined by Missy “Misdemeanor” Elliott and Lenny Kravitz, as well as the Arizona State University Sun Devil Marching Band, the “California Gurls” songstress owned the sold-out crowd as she belted out a medley of her biggest hits including "I Kissed a Girl," "Dark Horse," "Teenage Dream" and her show-ending smash hit "Firework".


Prior to the gig, Katy promised fans a spectacular show- “All I can say is that it will be a real female fun night. It's a bit old-school, but when this person enters the stage and you hear the first ring of the chord, jaws will drop and faces will melt. We're all going to have a wonderful, fun, not-so-serious time. When I look back at the different performers I admire, like Beyonce, who of course brings that incredible strength and sass and flips her hair like nobody else can, and Madonna, who really brought some incredible graphic design and choreography, I kind of wanted to do a combination of both. I don’t think I’m so much of an expert on the game of football, but I think I can assure everyone here that nothing in my performance will be deflated.”

Perry also weighed in on who she’s rooting for- “I love the Seahawks because of [quarterback Russell Wilson], and I think I’m probably going to go for them.
 
You can now enjoy the pictures from Katy Perry's performance at the Super Bowl (February 1).
Previous Post Next Post